Our GUADEC 2020 Sponsors are looking for great candidates to fill their open positions. Take a look at the following listings and apply at the included links.
Principal Software Engineer (Westford, MA.)
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join us in Westford, MA. In this role, you will work as part of one of the leading continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) teams that provides services for Red Hat’s software development teams. You’ll interact with other CI and CD, development, and quality assurance (QA) teams and work with the latest technologies in the market today like Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, Prow, Jenkins, Python, Golang, and Red Hat Ansible Automation.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop, operate, and maintain CI and CD systems for the use of the product development teams
- Work with Red Hat’s partners to build multi-company CI and CD
- Play an active role in CI and CD-related projects and communities like Jenkins, Kubernetes, Prow, Tekton, and Red Hat OpenShift CI
- Participate in the development of Red Hat’s productization and release systems
- Degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience developing software in Python, Golang, or a similar language
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux and writing Red Hat Ansible playbooks
- Experience with containers and operators
- 1+ year(s) of proven experience building and running containerized applications
View the full listing at https://red.ht/77221
Senior Software Engineer, OpenShift SDN (San Francisco, CA)
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our global OpenShift Software Defined Networking (SDN) team in San Francisco, CA. In this role, you will become part of the SDN team that builds upstream Kubernetes features and network provider integrations within Red Hat OpenShift. Your main responsibilities will be related to Red Hat OpenShift and storage solutions, upstream communities and coding, testing, and automation tasks.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate with team leads, architects, and other engineers to design offerings
- Participate on a scrum team focused on SDN technologies
- Design technical solutions to abstract problems
- Quickly respond to security threats
- Work with upstream communities
- Basic knowledge of working with the Go programming language
- Demonstrable expertise in at least one language like Go, Python, C, C++, Rust, or Ruby
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues in distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of network diagnostic tools like tcpdump
- Experience building and deploying container-based applications
View the full listing at https://red.ht/76894
Senior Software Engineer (Westford, MA)
The Red Hat Performance and Scale Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us in Westford, MA. In this role, you will be part of a small team focused on performance characterization and improvement of Red Hat’s offerings for telco 5G and other edge use cases. You will analyze systems for performance optimization under well known workloads and work to eliminate limitations to massive cluster scaling. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate regularly with other Engineering teams across diverse technical and business disciplines to continually improve upstream open source projects and our offerings that are built from them.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Analyze performance characteristics of network components for telco 5G network functions virtualization (NFV) workloads running in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, including IPv6, Multus, Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK), SR-IOV, software-defined networking (SDN), Open Virtual Network (OVN), bonding and VLANs, and field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs)
- Collaborate with other performance engineers to devise and implement test plans
- Contribute to the continuous development of benchmark, reporting, and automation tooling used within and beyond the Performance and Scale teams
- 5+ years experience working in the IT industry
- Demonstrated skills across the network stack from in-node packet processing to scale-out system architecture
- Passion for optimizing system performance; background in software performance and scale engineering
- Experience with open source software, Linux, containers, and Kubernetes or Red Hat OpenShift
- Experience with scripting, particularly with Bash, Python, or Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
View the full listing at https://red.ht/76993
Release Engineer (Westford, MA or Raleigh, NC)
The Red Hat Cloud Build team is looking for a Release Engineer to join us in Massachusetts or North Carolina. In this role, you will streamline tooling, improve releases of our offerings, and guide team processes. You will focus on standardizing processes and creating solutions for product teams by delivering changes in a timely and methodical manner. As a Release Engineer, you’ll need to have a passion for technology and development, balanced with the responsibility for improving the processes and procedures that support releases of our offerings. You’ll need to be able to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, with the goal of making our end users and customers more effective with each release.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Guide new processes and procedures in the solutions space to improve the quality, consistency, and automation of releases
- Contribute to release engineering tooling to deliver the functionality according to established requirements
- Support multiple offerings and releases by helping ensure that content is delivered on time and to specification
- Manage and support build configurations for product team developers
- Experience with Linux or Unix
- General knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of Unix shell (Bash), command line text processing (grep, awk, sed, etc.)
- Previous experience releasing multiple offerings in a production environment is a big plus
- Technical background in tools like JIRA, Bugzilla, Koji, Pulp, Maven, and Docke is a big plus
View the full listing at https://red.ht/78528
- Design new technology concepts based on customer requirements and realize them.
- Get creative! Tell us about the issues/problems you see in our products and get involved in planning new features/improvements.
- Make use of continuous integration and write automated unit and integration tests for your code.
- Maintain and refine our operational setup to ensure the overall stability of our platform.
Perfect candidate experience and skills:
- Any of (Ruby, Python, Go)
- Code Version Control (git)
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
View the full listing at jobs.suse.com/us/en/job/7013602/Automation-Engineer
Release & Technical Project Manager, Mission Critical Solutions
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering Managers, establishing priorities and making technical decisions.
- Ownership of the process of getting the product artifact out of the Build Service (http://openbuildservice.org/).
- Work closely with Quality Assurance in order to ensure the continuous delivery of a premium product on multiple architectures, including Public Cloud.
- Continuous improvement of the product lifecycle process and automation of tasks (ie. https://openqa.opensuse.org ).
- Evaluating the feasibility, technical impact and effort of feature requests.
- Work with hardware and Software & Hardware Partners, SUSE Alliances team and Consultants to identify new trends and customer needs.
Distribution Engineer - Automotive Linux - System Security
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Integrate and improve the security infrastructure of the OS
- Harden the system for operational integrity and reliability
- Develop improved security concepts
- Interface with quality assurance to test the system
- Building the product itself
- Interface with others like kernel development, Quality Assurance and Maintenance to foster integrated solutions
- Proficient in security frameworks available for Linux (SE-Linux, Apparmor, eBPF (Falco) - additionally also dm-crypt and similar
- Good understanding of security concepts and theory
- Good command of at least one programming language
- Master in Computer Science or any comparable and suitable education or acquired skills
- Solid track record in software development for security frameworks
View the full listing at jobs.suse.com/us/en/job/7015403/Distribution-Engineer-Automotive-Linux-System-Security