A foreign citizen planning to enter the United States typically needs to obtain a U.S. visa, which is stamped in the traveller's passport—a document issued by their country of citizenship. Various visa categories cater to different purposes, and for GUADEC24, the relevant category is the B-1 US Visa. This visa is specifically designed for individuals seeking temporary entry to the U.S. for business purposes.
Check this page out for more information.
The documents needed for applying for the B-1 US Visa may vary depending on the country of residence. Please ensure that you have all the necessary documents as per the requirements outlined below, based on your specific location.
- The Form DS-160 confirmation page and code.
- Your valid passport. You must possess a passport which is six months valid beyond your planned stay in the US.
- Application fee payment receipt, if you are required to pay before your interview.
- The interview confirmation page.
- A photo that complies with the US Visa photo requirements.
- A cover letter which describes the purpose of your trip.
- Financial or bank statements to prove you have the finances to stay in the US.
- Ties to your home country such as family, job contract, lease, or property deed, which prove you will return.
- Criminal records or letters from authorities stating that you do not have prior convictions.
- If you have visited the US before, bring documents relevant to your prior visits.
- If you are currently working, attach a letter from your employer and payslips for the last three months.
- If you are a student, get a stamped and signed No Objection Certificate from your University.
- A letter from the inviting company detailing the purpose of the trip.
Visa Waiver Program (VWP):
Citizens of participating countries may be eligible to travel to the United States for short temporary business visits without a visa through the Visa Waiver Program.
Check the official website for more information.
Note: If you've visited Cuba before and are eligible the Waiver Program, please check the website for additional rules that may apply.